RCU Forums - View Single Post - AGM30 Gas engine
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 05:13 PM
SBALPHADOG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys. Having alot of the same issues with my new AGcM 30cc, V-2. Have been trying to figure out how to connect the throttle linkage and deal with the overlapping throttle and choke arm issues. Here is my solution after much thought and trial and error: I do not use the auto lock open choke feature. I installed a servo for the choke, leaving the choke spring installed. To open the choke the servo pulls. I have found this after market throttle arm extension on Ebay to solve the throttle and choke arm collision that was plaguing this engine. [http://www.ebay.com/itm/291138122556...3AMEBIDX%3AIT] All is good now. I don't know why AGM won't deal with this issue and at least recommend this option even if they don't want to include the throttle arm extension with their engine.
Breaking it in with a 18-6. It ran for about 40 minutes on the stand on 8 ozs of 93% octane with NO ethanol and 50 to 1 Stihl HP Ultra (FULL) synthetic oil. Amazing! It is going into a Fly Model MXS-R for it's maiden in about 10 days.