RCU Forums - View Single Post - Got a 21st Century Stuart So What'd Be A Good Speed Controller?
Old 05-16-2015, 02:48 PM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Got a 21st Century Stuart So What'd Be A Good Speed Controller?

YEAH! Bought me one of them 21st Century 1/6 R/C Stuart tanks that's in practically brand new condition off ebay. Heck, I'd watched it for four days and nobody had bought it SO I begged my little sweetie for some mone... ANYWAY, I bought it!

Got it today (two days later!), unboxed it, plugged the battery in and drove it around. Works pretty good BUT it's speed is only 'GO' or 'STOP'. Very jerky but if the speed could be managed it'd be fun and look good! I ain't taken it apart yet so I can paint and do a little detail work but has anybody heard what ya have to do to get speed control?

I initially wondered if one of my old Novak and other speed controllers would work but I looked'em up and they're for lower voltage and this is 12 volt. And thought about the Tamiya DMD (cause I have one extra) but don't think it'd handle 12v and don't want to fry it.

I've thought about going with a Sabertooth 2X10 if I can't figure out anything else cause I LIKE Sabertooths' and that's what I run in my other tanks.

With some paint, detail, 1/6 figures, and some speed control this would be a decent running tank (for the $312 I paid for it (and that includes shipping!)). I need something to 'wrench on' and I saw this Stuart and now that I've ran it, except for the speed, it's a HOOT!.

Let me know if you've heard anything about this cause I'm ignernant. THANKS!

Mike in Kentucky

Last edited by Old MSgt; 05-17-2015 at 02:02 AM.