RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glow head brotherhood.
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 01:42 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

From what I remember in the 70's (man) ABC and schneurle was just a new thing. PDP just started and was quickly outdated in a couple of years. My Rossi had a steel piston cyl. and the ABC was an option. This was the late 70's. K&B .40 was the ruler in pylon for instance, until the schneurle came out. Then it was nothing, when even K&B had to update to schneurle. We stopped chroming at work when the cost of dumping exceeded the cost of buying it, (and you couldn't just dump it in the back field) Even the cleaning solutions are hard to get rid of now. We had huge tanks of heated trichlorethane that must have been dumped somewhere when it was too oily. I remember sticking my head inside the tank to hunt for dropped parts with the smoky haze. Good times? The 80's had some nice designs, and many different companies, then it was all CNC stuff to be more profitable, and then naturally the little guys with the standard machines thinned out. Really, now the motors are pretty good, and cost effective, even with the nickel and crappy bearings. It would have been unheard of to have any warranty more than 30 days then. Now 20 gallons of fuel is considered normal before new bearings are needed, and there are still complaints about bearing quality.

Last edited by aspeed; 05-19-2015 at 01:47 PM.