RCU Forums - View Single Post - GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair
Old 05-19-2015, 05:56 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Larry

Welcome to the thread. That said sense I finished mine I have had 2 computer hard drive crashes+ a back up drive. so I have lost a lot of my old notes. my advice is just remember every ounce aft of the C/G = 6 ounces less you will have to add fwd of the C/G. I will also assume you are some what of an experienced builder
NOW
What engine will you be using ? what retracts ? air or electric ? what tail wheel retract Robart's or a scale one like Earl Arney (spelling) sells, are you planning to make some of the mods to make it more scale like ie: shape of the rudder, wing tips, gear doors and such.

I would suggest you have all of these things before you start as it really helps in planning how you do things, Also use the index/table in post # 1 just pick a post in the area you have a question and click thru every other one, I have done this just to ansure a question for some of the guys over the years .

Above all don't be afraid to ask questions no matter how dumm you may think they are, We all have different ways to do things, and generally I try to do the easiest, and look at other threads not necessarily Corsair for good idea's.

So I will try to give you any help I can, but there are others that great ideas, and more knowledgeable than me on the Corsair.

Hope this gets you started.

Cheers Bob T
AMA13377
Corsair Brotherhood # 6