RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ripped off By Hobby King!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 04:25 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jgracco
I have a friend who owns a hobby shop and they sell many products from hobby king. Yes Tower is the grand ruler. they always have been. A bit of a monopoly if you ask me. They police the Internet to make sure the pricing is consistent too. Hobby Police as they are referred to.

As for your assessment... this is all a lot of conjecture on your part. nothing concrete at all. You stated earlier that HKs expansion is not necessarily indicative of an increase in business. Are you in denial? Please help me to understand how or why any business whether here or overseas would rent even 1 square foot of space and then open multiple "fulfillment centers" as you have referred to them as across the US if they were not increasing their business. When you come up with a viable answer to that one I'll be willing to listen but for the time being you have not stated one thing that makes one stitch of sense.

It's no so much "denial" as it is cognitive dissonance. Price doesn't equate to service, they try to cheat on taxes, everything is handled in Hong Kong, they don't have any "real" locations in US, they are going out of business very very soon, etc etc etc. This despite obvious growth and expansion.

This thread goes the way almost every HK thread does, a complaint or rave, then comments by some who have had good luck, others who have not but dealt with it just fine, and eventually name calling, subtle accusations of "well do you work for them?", apologists etc etc etc. If you like using them and have had good service, you're an apologist. Or basically is you don't slam them in any manner, you are an apologist. Many comments too from folks who have never used them, never will. The interesting (or odd) thing here is that you have someone who says unless you work for them you can't comment really on any facet of their business, but then goes ahead and comments on many facets of their business and makes pronouncements as if they are fact. Cognitive dissonance or do as I say, not as I do, dunno.

Absent emotion or bias, it's hard to say they have not expanded in the past two years. People will continue to use them, and others will continue not to use them. It's doubtful that any comments made on any internet board will persuade or dissuade someone from using them.

The threads shouldn't all go the same way. Good and bad experiences should be shared, and ways to deal with them effectively when things go wrong are helpful. The other "stuff" just muddies the waters unfortunately.