RCU Forums - View Single Post - MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 08:15 AM
Jaketab
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

What helps the carb to work better with these engines.....sorry if you are already aware of this.....the choke area is too large for these engines. Adjust the full throttle on your transmitter so that the carb butterfly opens only 3/4 open then retune. I have mine adjusted less than that! 5/8 ths open. I barley loose any power and the midrange is quite a bit better with much better transition......really. Recall I have the 215's. If yours is a 250 3/4 might be better than my setting. I run my ignition at a regulated 5.5v.
Tom - Your idea makes reason in that the last few clicks of the throttle do not increase the rpm.
About 4800 rpm is the static max I'm getting. (Xoar laminated 32x18) If I open the throttle just to the point of max rpm and stop the servo travel value at that point, that should be the setting where I will retune.
Most likely will find that the high needle can go leaner.
My motor has excellent transition, but it's just that mid-range missing that I would like to eliminate.
As I listen to other Moki engines in posted videos I hear that same mid range missing or cutting out.

Reyn,

I used to have a Beila carbon 32x18 and the engine rpms seemed to be on the high side.
Hope you find the 32x22 works for you.

Thanks - J Tab