RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 12:55 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Please forgive the snippet but I really don't think anyone here is advocating our toys (yea, all the RC stuff we fly) being flown in the path of full scale... I think the argument centers around having unnecessary rules that will impact all of us in negative ways. There really is no way to make rules for these so called "drone jerks" without impacting all of us...at least to some degree...

The "drone jerk" will still be a problem no matter the rules... Sometimes responsibility can't be taught but accountability should always be inescapable. Purposely putting our toys in the path of full scale is wrong...no doubt about it... and those that cause an incident should be very weary of extreme consequences and not so much about specificity of laws or rules that may or may not allow their activity.
That's exactly why I've advocated for a National Computer TEST for flying any R/C toy. All of us flying for any length of time, with or with out the AMA know the FAR's Rules & Safety Code. This test should be mandatory and some how it is published through the USA so if and when something does happen between any R/C TOY and a Maned Aircraft, The FAA/NTSB can't/doesn't/won't come after the group of us as a whole, just the individual that causes an indecent or accident. Just as the police don't arrest every driver because one driver breaks the law.
But then I can see opposition that some may have. Maybe they don't just like more restrictions or maybe they figure they might not be able to pass a TEST on the FAR's, Rules & Safety Code even after a study session. Who knows.

The AMA has a good program "Know Before U Fly" (http://knowbeforeyoufly.org/ )but it doesn't go far enough and make everyone aware Including NON R/Cers there are places R/C TOYs can not be flown.

OK tell me where I'm wrong and then U come up with a way to let the public as a whole know there are FAR's, Rules & a Safety Code that must be followed and if one individual violates these they must suffer the consequences of their actions and not all persons that fly R/C TOYs as a Whole.