RCU Forums - View Single Post - MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 05:43 AM
macboss
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased a Moki 100 twin. Have not seen a lot of comments on the 2 cylinder models and I suspect there are fewer issues with those as comparted to the issues with 5-7 cylinders.

Throttle transit time: Has anyone experimented with setting a throttle curve and setting a slower time on throttle tansit time? Gerhard with Toni Clark recommends for the Vlach 120 using a 1 second setting on throttle transit time along with a deep throttle curve to get the engine to transition well from lo to hi and back. I used this on my Valach and it really worked. Engine transitions well and throttle response still feels instantaneous. Here is the link to the Vlach 120 instructions from Toni Clark and page 8 has the suggestion on 1 second trnasit time: https://www.toni-clark.com/ftp/VM120Anleitung_en.pdf

Before I did this timing, if you rapidly moved the throttle stick up and down, the engine would quite at random: no amout of needle tuning could find a happy setting. Addted the tranist time and the engine still feels like it is responding well but no tendency to quit in transition setting, even very fast jerking of the stick.

I have not run the Moki 100 yet but will see if this is needed. Will also be looking at this aspect of setting up engines in the future.

My valach is on a 40% Paolo Severin Eindecker so I do very little 3D.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	E1 and me sm.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	2098207