RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where have all the builders gone
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are always some who can't or don't read the title of the thread, We call these people Snarks. Happens all the time.
This morning I was out flying mt little ARF electric and my scratch built Roar. Between flights my friend and I would sit and watch the U-Control stunt pilots. A very nice morning but we both agree, if we tried to fly a U-Control the plane would be in the ground in about 6 laps and we would be on the ground loosing out breakfast.
I'm assembling an ARF right now, just waiting for the epoxy to set up.
Originally Posted by wingstrut
HoundDog, who said anything about builders being better than ARF flyers, no one is bashing anyone, the question was "what happened to all the builders''.
Most people are giving their opinions on which way the hobby has progressed through the years, I have nothing against U-Control, Free Flight, Helicopters, or any form of modeling, it's just a friendly conversation about the change in the way the model industry has gone.
I build all my aircraft, because I get the satisfaction of doing a complete ground up build, there are a lot of hours put in before you get to the step of covering.
Ron