RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Do You Think Of This Radio
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 10:54 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ratshooter
I am looking for a first 2.4 radio and the more I look at this model the better I like it. Plus the price is right. I like the fact that it is NOT a computer radio and should be simple to set up. I have a Bridi Aircruiser 25 I would like to put it in. The only thing I am not sure of is if it has end point adjustments on the servo travel. That's a feature I really like. Especially on the throttle. It takes alkaline batteries if you don't want to use NiCads or other rechargable batteries. My son works at the hospital and brings me all the double a batteries I want. They use them once and install new batteries in the testers they use them in.

So tell what you think.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEKXY&P=0
Context is everything. The Tactic radios are fine. Since you have computer radios that you know how to set-up, you know they can easily be converted to 2.4 GHz.

If you just want a simple 4-6 channel that Tactic should be fine.

I have two Futaba 9C Supers converted to 2.4 GHz. But I also have a Spektrum DX5e that lives in the box with my Radian and is only used for that glider. I like it a lot. I could move the Radian over to the 9C Supers, I have a Spektrum module for them, but sometimes the simple radio is the right choice.

I would not go an buy a standard radio unless I was going to use it in some way that might put my computer radios at risk. But getting it in an RTF packages if fine.

BTW, I used to own a Hitec Prism 7X. Sold it when I went to the Futaba 9Cs.

Note that it would be cheaper to convert your 8103 to 2.4 GHz than the price of that Tactic radio. In fact you could convert both of your radios to 2.4 GHz for the price of that Tactic and would have full telemetry potential too.

http://www.alofthobbies.com/radio-ge...ry-system.html

And this is very good stuff, not junk.

Last edited by aeajr; 05-29-2015 at 11:04 AM.