RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Do You Think Of This Radio
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 02:37 PM
ratshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello AEAjr thanks for the reply. I went ahead and ordered a battery pack and switch for the second receiver I had on hand and installed those in the second plane I was wanting to fly. I test flew it last sunday. Not a single problem. I really like my JR radio. I have gave a lot of thought to converting to 2.4 by either buying the module for my existing radio or just going ahead and getting a new model. I am really enjoying flying models again. I have no problem upgrading or spending money if I see there is a need. Thanks for the link. Now I know what telemetry is.

Losing the binding on the radio is one of the reasons I have hesitated to go to 2.4. I have had several guys at the field tell stories of radios losing their signal and planes crashing. I haven't lost a signal to a plane since the late 70s when all we had was AM signals. And now with everyone else using 2.4 I never have to share a frequency with anyone at the field. I pretty much have the whole 72mhz board to myself. But I will buy a 2.4 radio. And I suppose it will be a better grade than the one I listed just so I can program in more than one plane.

Castlebravo I have already done the forgetting the radio, brought the wrong radio and forgot the friggin' wing thing. It happens if you go to the field enough. Now I mostly just take one plane at a time and check to make sure I have everything for that model.

And you forgot to mention about forgetting the fuel. Done that too.