RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Do You Think Of This Radio
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 07:52 PM
ratshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ability to have info sent back to your TX is of great importance to many as well. Maybe not if you are just punching a 4-5 channel kaos through the sky, but for more complicated models it is very handy to know what is going on.
See there. You nailed it. I doubt I will ever fly anything with more than 4 channels. I simply can't see where telemetry would help me out with the models of my choice. That was the whole premise of this thread. A simple 2.4 radio for a simple model.

Right now I have no real interest is gas models. Glow is just fine with me. I have been moving more towards smaller models rather than bigger. I like planes that take a 25 to 40 sized engine. I have a Little Stik kit (seen in the above photo) that may be my next build. Not tiny like an .049 but big enough to fly in the wind but easy to transport and set up and you don't need a micro radio for weight restrictions. I have owned two Little Stiks way in the past. There are a couple of Bridi kits still available from Blue Jay models I have my eye on. A Krafty 25 and a Warlord 25.

And I do hope to get an electric model someday if I can get some help from the guys at the field about what to buy for a 25 sized plane. I would love an electric Seniorita. I have owned three of those in the past and they were some of the best flying models I have flown. I did change them up to be tail draggers with bolt on wing and ailerons. Most of the dihedral gone too. An FP-25 flew them just fine. Cool planes.