RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 08:12 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JPEE,

What a great day to see your grandson fly!

I remember some of the older video's you posted of Joe flying at the field and he has grown in such a short time. I'm sure he had a terrific time and hope he gets the chance to pursue this dream...you sure gave him a great start!

How have the mondo copper connectors come? Never would have thought to use copper pipe flattened out to make a connector. One more step to getting a bit more 'off the grid' so to speak.

Glad to hear you guys are finally getting some rain relief.

Nick,

Congrats on starting the internship and enjoy the time off from school.

Me,

I've been getting out either Saturday or Sunday (depending on what we are doing as a family) to do some flying with my son. Usually will take my Fusion or the Zero out and get a flight or two in. Strangely I haven't really minded if I only get a flight in, probably just the warm weather we have been having all month putting a damper on things.

I did replace the velcro battery plate on my Fusion with some of that sticky padding used on cell phone backings. The space I had was really narrow to fit the battery in the heli and the velcro made positioning the battery challenging. The padding makes things much easier and the hold-down straps keep the battery in place, so no lipo ejection during flights.

I have been working on the aquarium - adding plants and fish plus tinkering with filtration and lighting stuff.
Decided to try out the new LED lighting that seems to be very popular now instead of using the old tried and true tube florescent lights (and definitely no metal halide lighting!). The LED's are rather cool (both temperature and visual effect) and if you do the research there are less expensive options out there. This is also my first forey into the dirted tank method and so far its going very well. I half expected a tank full of mess but not so, very surprised at how clean it is.

Other than that not too much going on.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank Before.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	2099462  

Last edited by Aframomum; 05-29-2015 at 08:16 PM.