RCU Forums - View Single Post - First Impression of new I gyro 3E ( Flying )
Old 05-30-2015, 06:19 AM
bri6672
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great response Eddie!! I am pretty new to gyros as well and my limited experience with some of the older style gyros which the gain effected the control travel were not enjoyable... I have the Igyro 3e getting delivered today and am very excited to give it a try and had already planned out the same method for setting it up. The gear switch mix is a great idea!

If if you go to powerbox's website you will find a pdf of an article from a magazine that describes the same setup process Eddie mentioned, it's a very good read and can help really describe what you might expect from the gyro.

As for the crosswind scenario Eddie is correct if using rate mode but according to the article headlock mode (which is specifically designed for fix wing) will help with the crosswind landings. Most of us don't like that term head lock since the past use of gyros that were designed for heli's in head lock mode usually meant a white knuckle expierence! In this case I have talked to a few pilots using it and it works very well but does take a flight or two to get used to it!

Cant to wait for mine to arrive!! If all goes well I might be ordering up 3-4 more of them