RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Do You Think Of This Radio
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 10:07 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ratshooter
Dirtybird killing rats is how I got my name. At the gun store I dealt with I was known as "Tom the ratshooter". Where I use to live I had a creek behind my house. I had a pecan tree and a huge fig tree. Both were rat and squirrel magnets. I killed squirrels by day and rats at night and blue jays anytime I saw them. When I reached a count of 200 rats and 200 squirrels I stopped keeping count. But I kept on killing. Thanks for the heads up on using 6 volt batteries. I will keep that in mind when ordering my flight packs.

Vertical Grimmace glow engines may be going away but I will be gone before they are. I don't think that gas will be the demise of glow but electric will. And thats just because of the new guys that refuse to learn how to operate glow power. And I know a lot of old timers have switched to electric exclusively.

I have been trying to buy a NIB OS fp 15 off ebay for a couple of months now. I either get outbid or they reach a crazy price I don't want to pay. I am patient. I will find what I want at the price I am willing to pay. It be after fall before that happens when most flyers hang it up for the winter.
Why not go to Hobby people and get a new Magnum XL .15? They are a better engine really, with more power. Readily available, and not very expensive. They even have venturi inserts if you wanna tune them down a bit. This would also aid in fuel draw.