RCU Forums - View Single Post - World's first: HUD for the RC pilot.
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 03:32 PM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Wow, NASA, the Army and Air Force have put tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of hours into studying information overload for pilots under stress and you have refuted that work with your toy system. I applaud you.
Some thngs to think about: As pointed out by someone else colors, not black and white text, provides instantaneous interpretation of the data. Second, the information displayed depends on the flight condition the aircrat is in. Airspeed is important in landing but not in normal flight. Third, moving your eye to "read" that information is nearly as bad as moving your head - your still taken away from your primary focus. Lastly, and most importantly, a weekend jet pilot will be much more confused by nuerous visual cues, even simple colors, than a professional military pilot. Yet that military pilot still reponds faster and more accurately to voice warnings than the visual warnings. I can just see the RC jet pilot who is trying to figure out if his numerical airspeed is approaching stall while on approach and misses the guy next to him calling for an emergency landing.
I do not refute anything from any NASA or DoD studies. Come to Jets over Kentucky and try it by yourself to see if you like it or not. It is a simple as this.