RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 04:54 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nick,
Thanks for the tip! I have been following voltage and wire sizing guides and then going past that. I have 2/0 stranded feeds that are 36" from terminal to terminal. The home made terminals are both crimped and soldered. I have #4 stranded wire serving as my series jumpers from two 6vt batts to make 12 tv then I use the same to run all negs and pos's up to the end of the 6 battery array. The batteries give me 600+ amps! The other thing that has been helpful was finding on the Solar Forums that for every 100 watts of 120vt I make through the inverter it takes 10 amps of 12vt. I ran some 25' construction #12 cords I have from the from the inverter across the garage to the washer and dryer and frig and computer and tv and cable box and was pulling 1800 watts of 118 tv from the inverter. Finally the fan came on and but was barely working. I use a thermal gun to check the case where the heat sinks are inside and the connection points. My friend, I always appreciate any input you can pitch my way.
You take care and don't over do.......

John