RCU Forums - View Single Post - First gas engine question
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by av8tor1977
Sorry to offend, but I'm with this opinion. I've let all my magazine subscriptions expire without re-newing because I'm sick and tired of all the coverage being about @@@ dam electrics and foamies.

And if I wasn't so lazy, I would write Clarence Lee about his remarks about Coleman Fuel. Even an outfit like Dave's Motors selling Chinese knockoffs of Zenoahs recommends 91 octane with his high performance kits. Again, why take the chance on a fuel that is just not intended for any kind of internal combustion engine??

AV8TOR
I learned a lot from Clarence's articles years ago but these days, I seem to differ with some of his opinions when it comes to gas engines. Case in point, he has repeatedly suggested removing the screen in Walbro carburetors which I highly disagree with. He suggests it gets plugged too easily and I suggest if it is getting plugged, the fuel going to the carb is contaminated which will ruin a carb in short order if that "last line of defense" screen is omitted. I have written letters but no response. He continues to make that suggestion from time to time and my fur gets ruffled whenever I read the suggestion. I check my screens once a year and in most cases find nothing in them. I couldn't imagine removing them.