RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quique and Dave Ribbe accidents at Joe Nall
Old 06-05-2015, 02:46 PM
Axle Al
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
This will probably not go as you had planned, I would suggest deleting it all and I'll do the same with my comments too. I suspect it will get ugly, it already looks ugly. A vendor complaining about a competitor, making lots of assumptions and unfounded innuendos, speaking on behalf of others, and not appearing to take any responsibility for his own actions. Yikes, get the popcorn ready.

I might have missed it, but where were your spotters? You said everyone is required to have one, did your flight team each have one as well? What were they doing while this all went down? If you didn't have them why. If you did, it seems as though they failed at their job.

If I read your comments right, while flying your plane you started watching the other plane, then began to try to talk with the other pilot, then started walking over to him and then started speaking angrily to him telling him to land the plane (while he is still flying). All the while you are also flying but then you "lost your mustang in the chaos". It sure sounded chaotic. It seems like you were the only one who lost a plane as well, the other planes were all able to land. If I'm not mistaken, it's a pretty size able runway....should anyone feel panicked about landing there? If I got the facts right, do you think there is anything you could have done differently? Do you think any of your actions contributed to the demise of your Mustang?

There are always two sides to every story, and then the truth. Here we have only your side and it's far from factual. You've made lot's of opinion based comments (that you might want to revise once you cool down) that I think diminish your credibility. Yes, that's my opinion based solely on what I've read. Here's mainly why:

"why would anyone expect them to act different if they purchased a new Flex Innovations aircraft from them?" What? Has nothing to do with anything, just a transparent knock on another vendor.

"He was just looking to cash in on the crowd we attracted to the flight line at a cost of everyone’s safety risk" (you own a company and make a comment like that about someone else?)

"They all have come to the same conclusion" Are you authorized to speak on their behalf? Why aren't they here telling everyone what happened? Did you tell them you were going to do this?

"The general consensus is that Mr. Ribbe and Mr, Quique can do what they want because they are RC celebrities". General concensus among who? Was a petition or declaration signed to this effect?

"The fact that they feel they can jump on the electric line for a Flex Innovation stage to hover aircraft during our formation flight and not use a spotter with total disregard for his fellow pilots on the flight line is just irresponsible and negligent at best" There is nothing here to prove they did this, nor showed intentional disregard.

"My disappointment is directed at the attitude of Mr. Ribbe and Mr. Quique about the situation as well as their arrogance in refusing to yield to the flight team during our formation flight as well as their total disregard for the aircraft we lost. We never received so much as an apology" This I think gets the heart of the matter....some lingering anger issues over not being told "sorry" Would that have made it better?

"Since Mr. Ribbe and Mr. Quique are ignoring our request for discussion it is more apparent they feel above the situation and are above reproach" No, they probably feel like this was at best an accident and having been yelled at by you while they were flying, they probably feel like it's best to not engage.

So you took the complaint to the CD of the event and he called a meeting after getting your written statements. And then what? What happened? Did he speak to the other parties? Other than having more airbosses next year, what did he say. If he, and the directors felt there had been such reckless disregard here by the other two pilots, what do you think they should/could have done with them? Are you not upset with the CD as well?

What do you expect to accomplish with a complaint to the AMA?

Since you posted in a public forum, you're going to get opinions. It's nothing personal, you now have mine. I don't know any of the parties involved, but I think it was really poor form and execution on your part to do what you have done. I'm guessing you might feel like people will take the other parties side because you perceive them as some type of celebrities. Perhaps that will happen but I don't think so.

I'd delete it all.......I don't think you will accomplish anything positive here.
are you eating "crow pie" uhh damage control. Condor deserves the apology