RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quique and Dave Ribbe accidents at Joe Nall
Old 06-05-2015, 05:00 PM
balsadust74
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Axle Al
OK there's room here for more hatred and back pedaling. I can let it lay if you do, I only hope you and some others have become aware of the arrogance of the "top people" in this hobby and will support the people that probably like most of the older generation began this hobby for the pure enjoyment of model flight, Not for some cheers and clapping from crowds of spectators. these are the principles of model aviation. It will never make rock stars out of pilots. The fun of even a foamie piper cub may surprise even a big shot pilot. but it seems that once they take it to the level of where they seem to be a superstar, this kind of flyer can never return or never was a true modeler, just a stick banger braggart. I am a pretty good flyer and have heard compliments since I was 15 years old but never listen to it much. I fly for my own entertainment. I have a perspective that my model acomplishments come no where close to the deeds done by real pilots in real airplanes in multiple wars. This occurance at Joe Nall needs to wake up the last of the great generation of modelers and the AMA should devalue the awarding of "expert piloting" and promote the old values of modeling that gave model aviation it's standing as a respectable hobby of respectable people. Ban the wearing of team shirts that make people playing with airplanes look like clowns, would be a good start.
I completely agree Axle. There was a unwritten rule of respecting your fellow pilot regardless of their plane or their skills but with the values of society changing so do is model aviation, it is like everything else in the world, the majority seem to be out for themselves and not for promoting the hobby to others..