RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quique and Dave Ribbe accidents at Joe Nall
Old 06-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Axle Al
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Without being to dramatic about the beginnings of model aviation I have to say that if the new attention craving superstar flyers, turbines and big 3D, can disrespect a group of good willed warbird foam electric flyers, and this trend is growing, at a rate equal to the price tag of their "greater model airplanes" it seems, then I have to wonder how this group looks at rubber band models, co2, peanut scale, control line, free flight etc. the same models we still see in the AMA magazine. It makes me wonder if the AMA should stop the glorification of these types. It disgusts me to see the social class division of wealth come into model aviation the way it has since the development of more expensive models. If these 3D guys at this Joe Nall event represent the guys I see in the AMA magazine wearing the team shirts and holding trophies, If this is how they think and treat "lesser" modelers? then I don't want to see them in the pages of the AMA magazine!#! This trend of snobbery is a movement in the wrong direction for this hobby. Glorify the models, not the man and stop this disgraceful behavior.