RCU Forums - View Single Post - Warbirds difficulty to land
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 05:31 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Warbirds difficulty to land

I'm having a difficult time landing my GS warbirds. I presently own a CARF Spitfire and TF GS P-51 & P-47. I'm really having a time getting these down without either scraping the wing tips or nosing over after bouncing a couple of times resulting in the scraping of prop tips. I appear not to be the only one either as I seen this a lot at warbirds meets that I've been to. I'm not a beginner with 35 years experience, own many jets and IMAC 40%ers. Never a problem with those. People say, "you've got to land that plane on its mains or you have to land it on all three wheels at once". Five minutes later, someone else will say the direct opposite. Seems the P-47 is the easier to land. Of course, our winds, both cross and velocity, here in West Texas aren't helping either...

Is is it just the nature of the beast? Any tips. Any set up that helps? I have a JR 370A on the rudder of the larger Spit but don't even notice it helping. Would really appreciate any help as I'm not wanting to keep Xoar in the big $$!