RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quique and Dave Ribbe accidents at Joe Nall
Old 06-06-2015, 06:54 AM
balsadust74
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Astro,
I did take action to miss them several time, I was trying to give them as much room as possible, they started to move to the center of the pattern at the request of my spotter, my spotter thank them, I looked to make sure the area was clear but by the time my plane had entered the area the two planes hovering where not where I had last saw them, moments before. It is easy to avoid one hovering plane at a club field or local event but when you have several flight lines with over lapping patterns, pilots not flying a pilot stations it is not always easy to avoid two fairly large planes hovering directly over the active run way. I had changed my line of flight to avoid one plane and by the time I looked back toward the planes hovering I didn't have time to react to the. All six flight stations where in use, there was several drones in the air and micro planes being flow in the pits. It was just before dark and it was a free for all at them time. I was just a prefect storm of activity and I knew better that to get into the mix but wanted to get one last flight in for the day. I don't think I was asking for much to have a calm post midair debrief and a sorry and even or can I help you with your plane, I probably would have said I was sorry back but other parties that were involved led to any words being spoken being heated. If we could go back in time, first I would have listed to my gut and stood done and flown another day. But most importantly I would not have approached the other pilots directly after picking up the pieces. I would wait 10-15 minutes for everyone adrenaline to calm down. Some people in the area had been drinking and I feel this was like poring gas on the fire and made a unfortunate even worse than it was.