RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quique and Dave Ribbe accidents at Joe Nall
Old 06-06-2015, 07:32 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Sounds like you used bad judgement by deciding to fly a warbird in a circle pattern when there were "several drones in the air" and the two 3d planes hovering over the runway (this is a BAD mix of aircraft and you knew that before you entered the fray).

2. Did you say several flight lines with overlapping patterns? I have never been to Nall, but I thought you were flying at the electric line that I assume is just a runway with several flight stations? (no different than any other "normal" flightline?). Pilots not standing in pilot stations doesn't really cause mid-airs.

3. You also said, "I did take action to miss them several time", I say you should have just landed at that point as you were obviously uncomfortable with the "perfect storm" of activity. If you would have landed at the point of YOUR discomfort, you MAY have had an opportunity to discuss the situation with the other pilots involved(AFTER they finished their flight) and avoided a mid-air as well as potentially finding a peaceful and amicable resolution to the flying situation for the remainder of the event.

My belief on mid-airs is that they are completely no-fault, there is absolutely no way to blame one pilot or the other.

Astro