RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quique and Dave Ribbe accidents at Joe Nall
Old 06-06-2015, 09:02 AM
balsadust74
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Got it now , Thank You .

It was my misunderstanding , thinking you were part of the later of the two flights of 5 , and you have my apology for misunderstanding the circumstances of your incident .

See how easy that was , I was wrong , said sorry , and moving on ....

So you did end up in a midair ? I wonder how many midairs there were ? I can all too well understand the "want to get one last flight in" thing , it cost me a plane or two in the past l'll freely admit . I'm just curious , how long was this disorganized gaggle of mixed aircraft allowed to congregate and get in each other's way ? If it went on much beyond the CD noticing I'd say they need serious review of flight line conditions for all times of day , not just during scheduled flights .

Honestly and truly , Thank God no one was hit by one of those crippled models . Balsa , foam , electronics , they're all cheap compared to repairs on humans .....
init4fun

Thank you for your kind words. On the main flight line I feel there is more control, this is where your scale gas or glow planes fly and most of the jets. I did not fly from that line this year but noticed that they had some type of communication flags for each spotter to use to communicate with other flight lines. One of the clubs I was a member of uses two way raidos at each flight station with a clubs spotter in addition to the pilots spotter. I never saw a line boss or staff member on the electric line this year and seldom if ever in other years. That being said, in fairness to the Nall staff flying after 5pm is like swimming at a pool with no life guard it is basically a fun fly with no organization. Fly at your one risk which I chose to do. In the two days I was at Nall I saw at lest a dozen midairs and know of several others. With 8 flight lines and 5 other days I hate to guess of the number of midairs. I would like to know more about the communication that they used on the main line and hear how well it worked. I know of a Jet that was lost in a midair with a post crash fire. I use to volunteer at full size airshows and learned how they try to prevent the energy of the aircraft from going toward the crow and use that knowledge when flying my model because like you said thank god no one was hurt and no property damage other than the planes involved. To answer your question about mixed gaggle of aircraft it went on from 5pm until well after dark with the night fliers. Suprizingly enough I don't know of any mid airs during the night flying.