RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 11:53 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLAPHappy
No. It doe's not to have to be an airliner, it could involve a scale Cub, Heli or anything else that fly's with a person or people onboard. It is not "Chicken Little" as you say, but it is a reality, otherwise it published almost every week on the National News. This is a problem, like it or not and it will have to be handled by smarter and more intelligent people that handle these types of unlawful acts.
No,Nobody wants anything Bad to happen, are you Nuts?
All I was trying to get across is the point this can't continue the way it is, or you my friend will see more Regs, than you have seen in along time.

I'm thinking that back in the day, the horse and buggy crowd didn't take to kindly to that new fangled contraption that started showing up on the roads called the automobile. Oh my laawd do you see how that thing drove on the road? Well surely there will be an accident some day with those things, most certainly one will cause damage and injury. By golly eventually one did, and I bet more than a few people said...SEE...told you it would happen.

My point, even if not exactly on point () is that there is not much difference between people constantly saying "it's not if, but when" something is going to happen, and somehow it always involves an airliner full of people and what the media sometimes does in terms of scare tactics. . Is this a completely new problem, no, it's not. There have been concerns about safety and the possibility of injury/damage from all types of RC aircraft, and there always will be. Also, to your point about regs, we have them now, and we will always have more later. They will do little to nothing to prevent a problem, rather than are there to deal with the problem after the fact.