RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 03:11 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porcia83
well since you asked so nicely, i'll give you my suggestion, but just for you, not the "rest of us". I won't give you an answer, because nobody has one yet, anywhere.

1. Try to use the same font as well as the same text color. That's a huge start right there.
ain't gona happen
2. Dispel the myth that there is any 800 or so pound gorilla in the room, there isn't.
that's your opinion alone most think there is
3. Recognize right away that nothing drastic needs to be done, nor will it be.
only a fool thinks there is not a problem.
4. Recognize immediately that nothing we can do can change some people's mind that an outlaw drone operator is immediately related to what 99.9% of the rest of us do. It can't be done, so why try?
that's just defeatist.
5. Immediately ban the use of the word ban (ironic right). It's a cowards way out of dealing with an issue that frightens them, or that they don't fully understand. Banning anything rarely accomplishes anything (obviously relating to this issues lest things get way off track) good.
tell that to the faa/ntsb white house and the others with the power.
6. Support and encourage the ama to take the lead in partnering with any and all branches of the federal govt to draft and create appropriate rules/guidelines/laws for the use of rc aircraft of all types.
very possible but that doesn't dispel the 800 lb gorilla does it?
7. Help to ensure that the rules on the books, and those that might be created, are strictly and uniformly enforced. Don't plead people out, don't take $100.00 for a fine that should be $10,000.00. If someone has broken a law, file the appropriate charges, and let the process take over. As for follow up and the equal amount of publicity to show the ramifications of breaking the law.
i agree
8. Recognize that my best chance of affecting change is at my level. Fly responsibly. Set the example. Promote the hobby and all of it's facets appropriately. Get into schools, open the flying field to the public, get into an outreach program (hey...we have this thing called aviation day....hint hint).
many clubs including all that i belong to all ready do that.
9. Invite local politicians or the news media to a flying event. Differentiate what we do from what the outlaws of the skies do (i'm seeking trademark on that) hmm...dji desperadoes...parrot pirots, the list could go on. Have a point person read up on the issue, and partner with your local ama reps and see if they can be involved as well. Successful campaigns of many kinds become successful from lots of grunt work at local grassroots levels. It's not the fun and glory that some think. This has been an issue that has been brewing for sometime, and will continue to do so.
Put in one of thogreat idea ... Be wary of the news media. Remember the guy the fbi arrested in boston that wanted to bomb the capital with explosives in jet models. Long story short all the little news girl kept asking "how much c-4 can use jets.
Just some random thoughts of the top of my head......
where?