RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 03:17 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLAPHappy
Well worded. What exactly is your clout in regards to the AMA?
We are seeking solutions for this ongoing problem, others see it as not a problem, UNTIL something happens, which has numerous times according to the news articles. We can not simply put our heads in the Sand, hoping it will go away, it will not.
People here do not want more regulations in the RC community, but in my opinion, this problem open up a new box of problems, which we have not had for many years until now.
Yes, there needs to be Very Strict Regulations in operating drones, FPV, UAv's, but especially Drones, which are so popular now.

#1.When a person buys one of these, he must show Proof of AMA Membership. These proposed rules shall be forwarded by the company selling the aircraft, and will be kept on file with the AMA.

#2 He must take a written test in Safe operation of the aircraft and know the Laws pertaining to it's use.
#3.Must show proof of Homeowners Insurance.
#4.Must have previous flying experience in RC and explain written proof.
#5 Not hold the AMA responsible for unsafe operation of the aircraft, accept full responsibility of it's use, in a written statement and a copy to be held by the AMA of the document.
#6. Do not fly within 5 miles of an airport.
#7 Do not endanger people aboard any aircraft,
#8 Do not fly this aircraft above 400 FT. AGL.

The individual signing this document then puts himself in the jurisdiction of the courts.

These are just a few suggestions I am offering. Will they pass through the AMA?, so if something doe's happen, we all don't get punished for the careless actions of a few.
Did I NOT suggest all this Months ago and got my ARASH handed to me?