RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 1/4 Scale P 18 Super Cub
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 12:54 AM
sckevan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepindog
Careful with those PRBushwheels. The pair I had exploded on a very gentle landing on the very first flight I had. They're toy tires, not meant for bigger airplanes. I held one up to a light and the rubber was so thin I could see through it!!!!! The hubs are terrible. Get Airtops or stick with the DuBro 6" Big Wheels, or suffer a blowout with PRJunkwheels. I politely emailed the owner after my tire failure and he would not respond. Weasel.
Hello Jeepindog,

I will say that there were some manufacturing problems in the beginning when the tires were being developed. Now I can not speak for you not getting a return email as I was not here then, but I guarantee that the issues you have had are resolved with the new manufacturing process. We have worked diligently with all of our customers and have replaced all the version 1 tires. If you are the original purchaser of the tires and send them back, I will send you a brand new set of balanced tires. The valve stems on our tires are designed for specific purpose, and that is so they can be easily serviced. They can be adhered to the rubber should the purchaser choose to do so with the supplied repair kits, but it is not necessary. I personally have been flying version 1 tires on my 1/4 scale super cub with great success. I only just recently balanced them, which I will say made all the difference in the world. As for minor inconsistencies in the rubber, there are still some as these are hand made tires and not massed produces. I challenge anyone to create and build the tires we are at their quality to give you a scale representation of a true bush wheel. We have had no failures of our tires after testing and re-release of the product. As with any new developing product and growing company, there are bumps in the road, and that is unavoidable. We have not only gone back to the drawing board for manufacturing the tires, but the hubs have all been re-designed for better performance. The are still plastic but have a far better holding capability on the tire. In fact, proof is in the pudding! For instance, check out the footage of the Joe Nall with Dave Sullivan... now even though we sponsor Dave, he was doing some one wheel high speed touch and goes on the asphalt which we don't recommend. However, he has been punishing the tires and they are still going! These are our 1/3 scale versions. Should you feel the desire, I would encourage you to send me your information as if you have had a failure with our product, we will correct that with a new set. If you do not have that set to send back, as long as we can show you purchased them, I will get you a new set. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. I will add that you must keep in mind that these are in fact a softer rubber tire, and as with full-scale bush wheels, you have to be mindful of the outside temperature and air pressure within the tire, because it will fluctuate.

And lastly, correct me if I am wrong, but weren't you flying a set of 6.5" bush wheels on a 1/4 scale plane. I may be mistaken as there has been only a single report of a tire splitting open and that was the information that I had. Our 6.5" tires are rated only for air frames up to 8 lbs. I would also like to add that when the website was shut down from the original release last year, so too was the email address attached to it. The domain would not allow the email to remain at that time, hence the new email address.

Best regards,
[email protected]