RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFNA GT LX advice on shocks, diff oil, etc.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:34 PM
Guff15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question OFNA GT LX advice on shocks, diff oil, etc.

Some of you may know that I recently purchased an older/extremely clean Ultra GT LX from a co-worker some weeks ago (price drop to $80, ). Well I finally got most of the necessary parts for it (front u-joints, bumper and filter) so I can at least run it instead of watching it idle. Next on my list is to replace the carb o-rings in both the HSN and LSN as the LSN keeps backing out on me causing a rich tune.

My questions are.......

1) What oil is recommended for the shocks? I bought 37.5 and it doesn't seem stiff enough for them as it bottoms out easily (especially the front), OR should I buy stiffer springs, or both?

2) What weight Diff oil is recommended for bashing? (I'll probably never attempt to race it)

3) What shocks from other models will fit on this?

I ask these questions because this car handles totally different than my Backdraft. It's ALOT more unstable when encountering bumps and small jumps, even bottoming out on several occasions where the Backdraft won't. I realize that the Backdraft is a newer design but I figured the OFNA would still be able to handle everything the Backdraft can due to the better parts and design. I really need to try and stabilize this car if it's possible because it has a .21 Picco 0-1 Boost engine which is SO much faster than the .21 SH in my Backdraft.

Thanks in advance for any input and suggestions!

Last edited by Guff15; 06-13-2015 at 11:39 PM.