RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Gun?
Thread: Top Gun?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 07:40 AM
FTiano
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps it is easier to digest if it explained this way: These are simply the RULES. If you disagree with them you do not have to participate. And, many do not agree with the rules, but, I do not see them building anything. If a "kit" is all composite, that is the way it is. There are FEW kits to actually "build" anymore. Almost all are a box of fiberglass and composite parts. However, bringing those ARF parts to a finished example that get a 98, or more, static judging score, is something not meant for the timid. Replacing panel lines, developing the correct size and style rivets, altering the "outline", finding the correct size and matching wheels and tires are just a few things the modeler goes through before even thinking about laying down a coat of primer! And then there's the chore of developing the artwork for the correct size and placement of every marking on that aircraft! Many may disagree with the way it is. I understand that. But regardless, it IS what it IS. And thankfully there are enough who feel the same way, which keeps the event strong and continuing.