RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!
Old 06-17-2015, 04:20 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter_OZ
thanks for that, I forget what brand it was but think it was a water based one.

I will put them on and see what they look like. If I am not happy I will have to get some more made.

Get Stencils have changed hands since I purchased them back in 2008. I did get a replay from the new owners who said they stopped using the waterslide decals because of this very issue. Seems a better production method would have been a better option.

They offered to do some on vinyl but at a cost!! What the? their product fails and I have to pay for a new one. hmmmm

What are the vinyl decals like? Is it a think folm or is it thick?
They should of sprayed the clear when they made them all that time ago.... how did yours work out in the end mate?

As for vinyl, it would be the same thickness as a normal sticker for a bumper or window. about 40-60mils thick depending on what brand material they use. find out if what they are currently offering you are digitally printed or just layered vinyl. if it's just layered vinyl, I can do that here. Printed onto the plastic media is the way to go, and it's kinda expensive equipment which is why they normally charge a fair bit for it.

Another option is to make up some spray masks and paint it on? back in the day before I had my own equipment I used Getstencils as well ( I think I put you on to them??) and I did the markings all as spray masks and airbrushed them on. I could help you do that on the '47. the work is actually in getting the artwork done for the stencils.

Thanks

dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5129.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	759.9 KB
ID:	2103374   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5136.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	995.2 KB
ID:	2103375