RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bucker Jungmeister Just Shipped!
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 06:04 PM
Bullseye52
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Response to Freebird

See below responses in red.

Originally Posted by Free Bird
I've got several flights on my Bucker now and here's what I think. Mine is balanced at 180mm as recommended and I think mine is nose heavy. I'm using a Syssa 30cc gasser and the power is good. Mine requires a fair amount of down trim and all testing leads me to believe that I need some down thrust. Flying straight and level at full throttle, go to idle quickly and leave the elevator alone and the plane will climb. That's a thrust issue. I'm going to start by adding one degree at a time and when satisfied I'll start working on the CG. The plane flew tail down and was difficult to turn, when I reduced power it became manageable enough to get it back on earth with no damage other than a pulled out flying wire. Plane balanced level with batteries installed but they are pretty much on the cg anyway so not much of a balancing issue there. I moved the CG to 150 by adding 6oz of sticky lead on the motor box, should make a difference.

As far as control response, the rudder is very powerful, elevator is fairly responsive and the recommended throw is a good starting point. Ailerons are a touch slow for my liking. Turns require a touch of rudder to lead the plane into a turn, after that it'll carve pretty good. Personally, I think the vertical fin is a little on the small side. Landings require that you carry power, if you slow too much, the plane will drop really quick. The landing gear is very stiff and unless the landing is a greaser, it'll bounce a few times.

Overall, it's neat model in the air, flying it is a little different. After some trimming I think it'll be a good flyer.

Bullseye, glad you got her back in one piece, the Callie graphics look totally awesome, gotta get a set! Your wheels look good what brand and size are they? Also, I don't see any fasteners holding the cowl in place, how is your cowl being held in place? If you remember, the wooden cowl ring comes installed on the front with wood screws. I have access holes on the dummy engine that I can reach socket head screws with a long allen wrench, so the cowl is held on internally (no visible mounting screws).Callie did a great job but this was the second set I ordered from her. The first was cut at 1/4 scale (my mistake) so these are 1/5 scale and the perfect size. Just take your time installing them. The graphics on the wing was the hardest one to apply because of all the small individual letters.The wheels are the 1/5 scale Du-Bro cub wheels, I sanded the cub lettering off the covers.

Davidej, being mine is a gasser, the engine is mounted inverted. The forward portion of the head barely touches the cowl.

Happy Flying!
Bullseye52

Happy Father Day!

FB