RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 02:42 AM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spaceworm
I don't have a triple or any multi except a 130t, and I apologize for making an unqualified comment. But, would the offending cylinder be kept alive more consistently if a different plug were used in that cylinder? What is it, a cold plug or a hot one? Anyway one that would stay hotter without on-board glow.

Sincerely,
A True Red Blooded Yank (I don't care if I am on top or bottom, both positions work for me)
Richard now you mention it i remember a flying club mate running a two stroke a3? plug in the cold/rich cylinder at idle and it stopped dropping out so much.My 200r3 has half a gallon thru it and they say after about a gallon things start to settle down.Right now everything is fine above 3000 and with a glow stick left attached to the bottom right cylinder it will idle forever and good transition after that.Greg did'nt want to run an extra battery pack re weight but i might run a small pack and just light that plug at low rpm.

ps jkr don't give up on the 50,i did that to an 82 cost me about 100 bucks for a crank,bearings,o rings and a new inlet tube,otherwise you can hang the engine up behind the bar,always a good talking point..i've got a row of scuffed and broken props hanging up in my bar with a black texture short note on the blade face to remind me how stupid i can be at times

Last edited by Rudolph Hart; 06-21-2015 at 02:46 AM.