RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 08:39 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bogbeagle
I am confident that LILY will have huge appeal.

I'm a kayaker, myself ... it appeals to me.

But, cyclists, climbers, surfers, trail riders, anyone who enjoys the outdoors ... could find pleasure in one of these. How about wedding videos and Estate sales?

Sure, it has little to do with model flying. I'm like you, in that I'm not interested in autonomous systems per se. LILY is just a great tool, afaics.
!00% agreed , if I were still into some of the active sports of my youth , you bet I'd want this thing following along taking video ! I really do think things like this will revolutionize "follow the action" photography by the same degree that the LIPO really made possible the practical electric model Heli that these machines are bred from . The combination of a decent power source , electronics/computers finally up to the task , and perfected miniature optics makes a machine like this well poised to take plenty of work away from full scale photography crews for pennies on the dollar of what 10 year's ago "aerial fly by" footage cost . Funny , even as one who never really was all that into photography , I'd have to try one just for the sheer technological triumph of what has been accomplished . This will be huge , I believe that . If I were a Warren Buffet or Richard Branson type , I'd be buying into the whole drone scene with the same zeal as the owner of Amazon is ....