RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 11:14 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Somewhere in this menage someone proclaims Lilly is not a model by virtue of not having a human in direct radio control of it...made me wonder, if it had the shape of an Extra 260 would it then be a model???
It is not an RC model , because it's not being flown by a living being stationed a variable distance from the craft while in operation .

It is a drone because it's on a mission other than the sheer joy of flight itself . Following other than direct real time human command .

Now , if you rig up an Extra 260 to accomplish the same mission (Good luck with THAT) then yes of course , the Extra is now a drone .

If you rig up a 10 bladed helicopter and had it RC being flown by a living being stationed a variable distance from the craft while in operation well then I guess that will have to be called an RC model aircraft , now wouldn't it ????

I don't get what's so had to understand about ;

Fly for nothing but the fun of flying itself = model aircraft

Assign ANY mission to it other than the flight itself = Drone

The physical form of the technology matters not in the description , it's the intended use that defines the difference between Drone VS model aircraft , , , , just as well as the full scale defines the different aircraft for their intended purpose .....