RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 02:05 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
PS , I know the keyboard jockeys are all lining up to attack my definition , but too bad so sad , I stand by MY definition of drone VS model aircraft and don't really give a damn who likes it or not .

Just figured I get that outta the way upfront , to save folks keystrokes from trying to "convince" me of how 'wrong" I am .

Later !
Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Fly for nothing but the fun of flying itself = model aircraft=DRONE!

Get over it folks the term predates the current news. And has nothing to do with anything.
Originally Posted by HoundDog
OK I take My Quad up and out say 1000'. Then I turn off the transmitter and the
Quad goes into SAFE MODE and returns to home and lands.

Is this Quad a "Toy Model Aircraft" on the way out and a "DRONE" on the way home?
Looks like I found a couple , eh ?

Ok Hound , I'll entertain your situation as presented ;

On the way out , you were flying it RC , and yes of course that makes it an RC model aircraft . That's pretty easy ...

Now , when you purposefully switched OFF the TX , you were no longer flying it RC , and by the very act of switching OFF the TX you knowingly "assigned" it a new "mission" other than to fly for fun . You assigned it to fly a pre prescribed course by the simple act of flipping one switch , and in doing so changed the "mission" from fun flying to Drone .

Now , had your TX failed , unplanned and unexpected , THEN the return to base function would be considered a "fail safe" instead of deliberate mission reassignment , and the RC model designation would remain intact .

See ? Didn't I tell you how easy this is ???