RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gas Engine - Choke Push Rods: Need Some Suggestions
Old 06-27-2015, 12:27 PM
Electriceddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Engine - Choke Push Rods: Need Some Suggestions

Hi Guys,

I have a DLE-35RA Gas Engine. Being fairly new to Gas Engines I understand that to reduce any chance of radio interference that you need to use Non-Metallic type push rods. I have tried several different types of push rods to find the right set up. Here's the direction I am headed in so far.

The manual suggests using a "Ny-Rod" type set up for the Throttle linkage.

I have moved towards the older type of (Dubro / Great Planes) Nylon Push Rods. The "Red Tube with the Yellow Nylon inner tube push rod" with a threaded metal rod about two inch long with a 90 Deg. and a Faslink set up at the servo end. Then at the Throttle end I have a 1 inch threaded rod and a ball link attached to it. This seems to be working out pretty good.

However, the Choke is giving me some Grief. It is pretty stiff and some of the control rod set ups would not work on the Choke.

The "Two Issues" are with the Choke Arm.

1. When in the closed position, which is approx. 1/8th " away from the firewall. So there is not a lot of room for any type of linkage. ex. Nylon Clevis, Socket Ball, Right Angle w/Wheel Collar etc.

2. The bend in the path of the control rod from the servo to the Choke has some curves to it. I tried a few locations, but no matter where it ends up there are still some curves to deal with......

So my Question is at this point:

Is how exactly important is the Choke being insulated by "Nylon" as opposed to "Metal on Metal" Because I can come up with several scenarios that will work but there is some "Metal on Metal" involved. At least on one end of the control rod, most likely the Engine side of the run. Would this be OK???

So any suggestion with the Choke would be much appreciated......

Thanks

Ed