RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 06-27-2015, 05:33 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jester_s1
60-70% going toward salaries sounds about right for a mid size non-profit. You'd be surprised at how much of any charitable donation you make goes to paying the people who work for that organization. Not that it's a waste, because usually those who work for the organization do a lot. But I imagine most of what we send to Muncie goes to pay for insurance, then the salaries of the employees, and not more than 10-15% is left to assist clubs, acquire flying sites, etc.
I know there is a difference between a charity and a non-profit, and perhaps I'm thinking of a what a charity is graded by as compared to what they spend on overhead versus what they give, but I'm still having a hard time seeing 60-70% of a non-profits income going to salaries. I'm not an well versed in that piece of compensation etc, I just can't get my head around those figures. I think 20-to herhaps a high of 40 might be reasonable, and even lower for a "charity", whose goal one would hope is 10-20%.