RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gas Engine - Choke Push Rods: Need Some Suggestions
Old 06-28-2015, 05:23 AM
Electriceddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle & Carb Linkage Pics:

Hi Guys,

One of my issues is the lack of space for the Choke. I have the Throttle worked out and the Choke somewhat where I need it to be. Check out the 2 Pics of enclosed. The Choke is working but the strain is quite a lot on the servo. There's a lot of servo strain closing the choke & opening, but once it's there it seems to be doing the job. I worry about the overall drain on the battery, but I got to think, how much I will actually be using it putting a load on the battery.

Note: The Choke - I am using the old "Sullivan Type NY-Rod" The "Red tube type with the Yellow Nylon Rod inside" is not a steel rod all the way thru. It is a 1" steel rod screwed into a Yellow NY-Rod going thru the firewall to the servo. At the servo end another 2" steel rod screwed into the NY-Rod with EZ-Connectors at both ends.

I wish there was a way to remove the stiffness of the choke. It seems like there is some kind of detent or ratcheting ball that locks it in when going from closed to open position.

Any ideas on how to remove the detent on the choke or to make the choke not so stiff?

Thanks

Ed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2019.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	2106133   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2022.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	927.5 KB
ID:	2106134  

Last edited by Electriceddie; 06-28-2015 at 05:31 AM.