RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gas Engine - Choke Push Rods: Need Some Suggestions
Old 06-28-2015, 08:17 AM
Electriceddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtybird
I think you should get out that spectrum and get rid of those 16 receivers while you can.

Why?
1) You dont have to worry about others shooting you down.
2) you dont have to worry about interference from other sources unless it wipes out the entire band
3) cheaper receivers.
4) Less Tx current drain. Your battery lasts longer.
5) much shorter antennas.
6) More rugged receivers. No fragile crystals or IF cans

WHY NOT!!!!
1. Flying over 42 years I have never been shot down. I have never worried about being shot down since we follow good Freq. Control at our field. Yes I am one of the last few (maybe 15%) still flying on MHZ but if it "Ain't broke Don't Fixit"
2. I have never had any interference that is worth worrying about that was not user error on my part.
3.Cheaper.... The 16 I have are FREE..
4. As long as there's no binding and you follow good battery maintenance and don't over fly the batteries expected flight time. You should be fine...
5.Since I also fly Q-500 I have a short whip, so my antenna is approx. 12".
6. I only use the Hitec Supreme 8 channel receivers for the most part and in the bigger planes the Futaba PCM units.

I fly about once or twice every other month between March & October... So I don't see the need for changing something that works fine..

Thanks

Ed