RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 06-28-2015, 09:17 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by islandflyer
That is because some (not all) of the AMA VP's and executives are behaving like royalties and feel that we should be more like subjects, and not really members.
It is up to us, the members to be more attentive to what they do, what they plan to do, and reclaim our association so it focuses solely on what we elected them to do.
I know that one of the motivations behind what they do in the "drone" program is greed for the association to grow (and I am in no way implying personal gain). However, they were not elected with the general mission to grow by whatever means they can.
Growth is not the primary mission we entrusted them with: their primary mission is the represent, protect and develop our hobby of aeromodeling. And that is not done effectively by embracing another new activity most of us do not practice, and which comes with such a heavy load of liabilities.

It would be a better investment if we dedicate some resources toward educating the public, the media and law makers on the fact that drones are NOT model aviation, and whatever they are doing, THAT IS NOT US, instead of trying to cover "anything that flies) like the ad below.

Good Luck Herve !

Even trying to get a definition of the word drone established here has been , trying , at best .

In my opinion , a drone is a commercially operated unmanned aircraft being flown for a specific paid mission .

A model aircraft , even if equipped with #550 legal FPV , is flown for the fun of flying only , with no other mission attached to the flight .

Now if your talking about not chasing the commercial operations , I'm 100% with you on that . Our AMA is supposed to be #1 looking out for aircraft modeling and #2 a non profit organization . Once either or both of those is lost , we hobbyists will be swept aside in short order to make room for all the big drone money that'll be rolling in ......