RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 06-28-2015, 10:05 AM
islandflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Good Luck Herve !

Even trying to get a definition of the word drone established here has been , trying , at best .

In my opinion , a drone is a commercially operated unmanned aircraft being flown for a specific paid mission .

A model aircraft , even if equipped with #550 legal FPV , is flown for the fun of flying only , with no other mission attached to the flight .

Now if your talking about not chasing the commercial operations , I'm 100% with you on that . Our AMA is supposed to be #1 looking out for aircraft modeling and #2 a non profit organization . Once either or both of those is lost , we hobbyists will be swept aside in short order to make room for all the big drone money that'll be rolling in ......
I agree with you. But because drone flying brings such different issues and concerns as compared to model aviation, it really deserves its own CBO. Only the drone users can fully understand and address their concerns and challenges.
Similarly, motorcycle clubs/associations, trucker associations, and automobile associations all share the same roads, but have their own respective groups and associations.
In all of these there may be some members who belong to more than one association, but each is best equipped to represent its own group of members, and respond to their respective concerns.