RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 06-28-2015, 11:17 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by islandflyer
I agree with you. But because drone flying brings such different issues and concerns as compared to model aviation, it really deserves its own CBO. Only the drone users can fully understand and address their concerns and challenges.
Similarly, motorcycle clubs/associations, trucker associations, and automobile associations all share the same roads, but have their own respective groups and associations.
In all of these there may be some members who belong to more than one association, but each is best equipped to represent its own group of members, and respond to their respective concerns.
Hi Herve , You and I are on the same page about the drone definition and Thank You sir ! I was truly beginning to think that I was alone in that view . I think also that your 100% correct that the more varied interests an association or organization tries to represent , the less and less actual representation each small subdivision gets . Your example of the motorcyclists AMA is a great one , I don't see that AMA chasing bicycle sales dollars , even though they both share two wheels . I'll enclose a shot of my last motorcycle , a first model goldwing that I traded to a good friend a few years ago for a car I wanted . It was time , I had kinda aged out of the bike thing ....

Originally Posted by porcia83
It certainly warrants a SIG designation...I suspect you'll seen that sooner rather than later.
Hi Porcia83 ,

I can see an AMA SIG for FPV (under #550 rules) as a natural and I'd think it may do ok since the FPV ranks are growing faster than any other areomodeling sub division . Only thing is , it seems not a lot of folks these days seem to care for groups and associations much , I really wonder in the future how many SIGs will exist within what may become a pretty thin organization , unless of course if it ends up being a forced "AMA or no flying period" kind of thing , which is what some seem to want . (And NO , I am NOT one who wants any one organization totally in charge of what flys . I support the AMA , and I support the freedom to chose to be AMA or not . Once membership becomes forced , we loose all airs of benevolence and do goodishy promoting the hobby flying of models , and become just another for profit arm sub contracted arm of the Govt) ...

Last edited by init4fun; 06-28-2015 at 11:20 AM.