RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Fly'n Ash Fast- Now part of SAMS points race
Old 06-29-2015, 09:19 AM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason,
In reply to your first post: The issue isnt that you have an "opinion". The issue I have with the post is that after you brought up the original "opinion" to JR, he resolved it and OKed the airplanes. That means its a done deal. Yet you felt a need to revisit your "opinion" again, this time publicly?
Thats the part that causes me to question your "opinion" or at least your motives? To bring it up once is an "opinion", but to continue to address it is a protest, especially when you go public the next time.
If it were a fresh "opinion" absolutely question it privately or publicly. But once it has been looked and and a verdict made by the people (s) in charge, leave it alone. Any response publicly after that is just bad press for this race organization.

On another note if you plan to modify and slim down any plane for my race, I encourage you to read my rules. Clearly any thing that is questionable or pushing it to the limits needs to be verified by me. This is done by a phone call, text with pics or clear explanation. I, as you can see by what I fly, am very liberal with stand off scale and will even let your non KI in w/o its front end scoop. You may have 3 views I havent seen that differ. Im even good with Shawns plane missing parts. Im not after a scale event. But I am also very bold to reject something I feel has gone too far.

We are all here, I hope, to promote racing and cause others to want to race with us, in spite of the "old" stories that we have heard about the past.
I held off from the SAMS series for these reasons. But decided to try it any way and have been very pleased with the entire group and their professionalism and conduct. Their races are run great and the rules are perfectly set to encourage even stand off ARFS that are at least close to appearance.