RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Fly'n Ash Fast- Now part of SAMS points race
Old 06-29-2015, 09:39 AM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PLANEBENDER
Hi Guys and Gals, Well we got home last night at 9 PM to a much cooler town. I would like to personally thank each and every person involved with the running of the "Fly'n Ash Fast" Race. THANK YOU!!!! You guys are awesome. It's hard enough to fly these planes with great weather conditions let alone 105+ deg temps. We all got through it OK and drank gallons of water. The competition was very tough in the Gold class this year as it seemed guys brought there "A" Game. I'm not exactly sure what that place has against me but every time I show up my retracts decide NOT to work and give me fits. I was very proud of my long time friend JR seeing him race gold with his very own scratch built P-39. IT WAS AWESOME combined with the top notch flying he produces, He will be a tough draw in Gold.
Also I was very happy to see my Bud Steve Stokes get his first ever SAM Warbird Win in the Bronze class. It was our intention to fly Silver but after testing at the SAM field we decided the little YS-70 was better off slowing down and running Bronze and it sure paid off!

If you have never attended the Fly'n Ash Fast Race I really suggest you go. The people are great and just like the SAM people they Really care. Really sorry to see Tim "Bushman" and Jimmy "Skids" loose planes. Sorry Guys.

Dave
Dave,
Your plane looked great as always and I was glad to see you and JR do so well this year. I was a bit bummed by the loss of my P51 Precious Metal, but it served me well for many years. JR and I were dicing it out and either I experienced a high speed stall or bad air off his plane... we were so close together either thing could of happened. The after crash reading on the telemetry had the planes top speed at 155 MPH. It was definitely the highest speed I recorded during the whole weekend so I know that it was moving.

I would also like to thank Loren and the rest of the Ash Creek Flyers for putting on the event.
Jim