RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF FW190 GIANT ARF
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 07:12 PM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To add to the flames... I've had my TF GS FW190 since they first shipped from Tower... It's got the same DLE55RA in it swinging a 22X10 Xoar normally and a 20X10 3Blade when necessary. I've had to purchase more than a dozen gear assemblies and bent the pins too many times to count... but I've got my landings down to a sudo-science now so I have NOT bent a pin or popped the top off the cam lock (gear assembly) in months... I still carry 2 extras with me when I take the plane out.. (almost every weekend)...

either set a flight mode or re-trim at a low throttle setting with full flaps and gear down for level flight... come in long and cut the throttle (or a couple clicks in a strong headwind) at the end of the runway. keep the plane less than a foot off the deck until it bleeds enough airspeed to flare and the mains touch.. when the tail drops get ready to hit full rudder and opposite aileron if it starts to track left or right (sometimes I have to blip the throttle to give the rudder authority)...

now I'm sure that because I wrote this I'm going to bend a pin or pop the top off the wing again but I think, deep in my heart, that this is my favorite Warbird and I'll have one (or several) for a long time to come. Enjoy your flyin!!!