RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 02:16 AM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rm
Tore down the motor. Not sure what to think.

Looks like some metal went through it. Top of piston and cylinder head had shrapnel. Side of piston looks scratched as well as liner, piston looks worse than the liner. Ring seems to be intact, though it was stuck. Can't find anything that came apart in the motor. Crankcase was clean and looked good. Bottom of cylinder head where the plug opening looks weird. Is that the way its supposed to look?

Was running HP ultra 50:1
high needle was between 1.5 and 1.75 turns
low needle was at 1.75 turns
Plug looks good.

Included some shots of my baffles. Been running all last summer and this year without heating problems so far.

What da ya think?
Looks like some metal went through it. Top of piston and cylinder head had shrapnel. Side of piston looks scratched as well as liner, piston looks worse than the liner. Ring seems to be intact, though it was stuck. Can't find anything that came apart in the motor. Crankcase was clean and looked good. Bottom of cylinder head where the plug opening looks weird. Is that the way its supposed to look?

It does look like metal has gone through the engine.

Yeah, definitely looks strange around the plug thread, I noticed that before I read your post. Does it look like there is metal gone from around the plug thread?

The ring looks deformed as well. Maybe it's been hot??