RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 11:18 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
I have found the A123's to remain very flat. Never had a problem with them. Maybe the RX did not like the vibration of the engine. I had close to 100 flights on that plane. I just swapped the RX and trimmed it out. Flew it, and the radio failed. That is all I know. I would still have it if my old radio was in there. Disappointing. I am really not planning to purchase the upgrade to check the history. I probably could not get it to download into my TX anyway, just like the other upgrades I purchased.
================================================== ================================================
Vertical,
Sorry to hear about your loss. I would discharge check your battery before recharge and see what capacity is left. A voltage check won't tell you much. I know of 2 more guys flying Jeti in the Denver area and no problems that I know of. A gradual slow down of control response sounds like power problem. I am switching all my planes to A123 and have been using them for up to a year on some models.

I have data logging on my Weatronic and Taranis and would not be without it. I had one voice warning taxing out for first flight of the day that Rx/Servo voltage was low and found a bad A123 cell that was over a year old. Probably saved my plane. Recently I was doing some testing using a variable power supply to power the servos and was surprised I didn't notice any speed reduction when voltage was as low as 3.5volts. This was on the bench with no air loads.

Last edited by sidgates; 07-04-2015 at 11:25 AM.