RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 03:23 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Where do you think that Class G airspace is? And who do you think defines that?

I love reading the futile attempts of some people to superceed wither failure to understand that everything we do in life is controlled by something greater thans ourselves by making up their own "reality" of who does what to whom. If SportPilot, and others like him, really wanted to get at the truth they maight follow this links given in those wikipedia articles. (Yes, littlecrankshaft, they do have some wisdom, if not authority since they are generated supposedly by those with some authority). They might find, for example, that somehwere hidden on the FAA webiste and buried deep in the Code of Federal Regulations (those little rules we all in the US must live by) that the national airspace is defined to start at ground level but for pratical purposes starts at 12 feet above ground. But it is so much easier to standy by invalid arguements to happen to support their case, isn't it. Who knows, maybe that's what I'm doing right now since I am not quoting chapter and paragraph.

BTW, did aayone notice that another firefighting airplane was grounded because of some a-hole with a "drone"? Oh well, it's just California and if it doesn't burn it will eventually just wash away into the sea.
RG: where did you come up 12 feet AGL??? I would like to see that in print. SO my house, trees,my motorhome, are in the NAS??
I know it's lost in the FAA Regs, nobody could ever find the definition if they wanted to.
The Wiki article kind of explains it in general, within a controlled airport or non controlled airport, it gives altitudes etc, but nothing beyond the ground level or the 12 feet AGL as you mentioned is even mentioned in the article.??????????. That is uncontrolled airspace, and NOT the NAS.
I just can go by the 5 mile rule of an airport, STAY AWAY!
Please reread the definition again......